Scattered is a new platform enabling people to experience art in striking and unexpected locations. Disregarding pretension and staid clichés of how, when and where art should be enjoyed, Scattered sees art as accessible, emergent and dynamic.

An accidental glimpse, a secret conversation, a sporadic experience.

Shhhhh, no one’s going to be looking…

Monday 23 January 2012

Ahoy there!

What did I do over the weekend? Me? Oh, you know, just completed my solo circum-navigation around the world. What, how old am I? Oh, 16. What’s that? That makes me a pretty hardcore teenager? Yeah, I guess. It’s just...well, you know, I just don’t feel like I’ve actually achieved anything. Okay, so it was a 43,450-kilometre voyage and I did miss seeing my mates and all and I do feel I sacrificed a lot because, like, I haven’t been into a New Look for what seems like months and, yeah, these deck shoes are chafing a bit now but, ya know, it’s not like the Guiness Book of Records have recognised it or anything. Man, this sucks... I need a new challenge. That’s it, a proper ‘will she or won’t she make it?’ challenge that will push me to my mental and physical limits and inspire people the world over. Umm...What’s that? There’s a Scattered exhibition this Sunday and I have to navigate my own way there? I’ll be told where it is on the day via the blog and Facebook but before then I can access maps secreted around Cornwall if I use my cunning and devil-may-care attitude? Am I up for it? Do I piss overboard? Hell, yeah!

Tally ho,

Laura Dekker.

Important messages from Scattered:

Get your maps for Sunday 29th from: The Old Bakery Studios in Truro, FXU at Tremough or The Fish Factory or, if that really is too much of an endeavour for you (we won't judge you but a certain 16 year old might), message us on Facebook or email us at artscattered@gmail.com and we'll email you the required cartography.

We don’t know if there are any ‘New Look’ branches in Holland but we can only hope that the Dutch have the same access to cheap but on-trend fashion like we do.

Laura Dekker probably won’t be there on Sunday. We bet she’ll be at Fal Week this year though. Probably eating oysters.

No comments:

Post a Comment